What does it cost to attend?

Visit our Tuition and Fees page to see current costs.

When should I apply for financial aid?

FAFSA applications can be filed as early as October 1 and must be completed for full institutional aid consideration for the Fall semester.

What sources of financial aid are available?

Most of the financial support awarded through the Mailman School is available only to United States citizens, permanent residents, and other eligible non-citizens. These include:

  • Institutional Aid: Need and merit-based awards

  • Graduate Federal Loans: Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans and Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loans

  • Federal Work-Study

What documents do I need to submit to be considered for "need-based" financial aid?

Are half-time students eligible for financial aid?

Half-time students are only eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans and require students to register for at least six credits per semester.

**Health Policy and Management Part-time Executive Program students are reviewed for the Shelia Gorman Scholarship.

Are there any types of financial assistance that are not exclusively need-based?

Yes, these include:

  • Teaching Assistantships: Provided by academic departments (limited availability and offered to Doctoral students or second year Master's students).

  • Graduate Research Assistantships: Provided by academic departments; usually not available to students during their first academic year.

  • Department-Based Training Grants: Contact your academic department program administrator for details.

What types of financial aid are available for international students?

While many types of financial aid are only available to United States residents and qualified non-residents, there are several aid options for international students, including:

  • Teaching Assistantships (available only to Doctoral students or second year Master's students)

  • Graduate Research Assistantships (not available for first year Master's students)

  • Alternative Loans (Must have U.S. citizen as a co-signer)

Countries of origin and international agencies such as the World Health Organization, Pan American Health Organization, and Rotary International often offer scholarships for international study. See list of programs and countries offering support to international students.

Does the Financial Aid office offer advice on budgeting?

Yes, our financial aid advisors can work with you to create a budget that considers your loan amounts and expenses, and provide advice on expenditures, financial need, and loan repayment plans and programs after graduation.