In 2024, SHARP Trainings will be offered in-person, livestream virtual, or hybrid (in-person and livestream virtual). In-person and hybrid trainings will take place in New York City. Each training is different and specific workshop location details can be found on each respective training page. All trainings regardless of location are live, and are not self-paced, pre-recorded courses.
- In-person trainings take place on the Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) campus, located approximately 20-25 minutes by subway north of Columbia University's main Morningside campus.
- Hybrid trainings take place on the Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) campus, located approximately 20-25 minutes by subway north of Columbia University's main Morningside campus, AND livestream virtually for remote attendees to participate from another location.
- Virtual live-stream trainings take place on Zoom over live, online video during specific workshop dates and times.
New York City Location Details
The Columbia Mailman School of Public Health has a lactation room on the main floor of the building, which offers a clean, secure, and private space to express breast milk. The room is swipe-card protected, and is equipped with chairs, a refrigerator, and a lock on the inside. To access the Lactation Room, please contact the central email (located on the specific workshop page) for the training you are attending 1-2 weeks before your training, so that the SHARP team can assist you.
Transportation and Lodging
- Airports: Three major airports are accessible to NYC, with LaGuardia (LGA) being the most convenient to the SHARP Training locations. See our Airport Map for general travel times from all three airports to the CUIMC campus via driving and public transportation.
- Subways: Three subway trains are convenient to the CUIMC campus: the 1, A, and C trains. We recommend you book your lodging convenient to one of these train lines if you plan to take public transportation.
- NYC Hotels: Columbia has a list of hotels with Columbia-affiliated discounts that SHARP attendees can use on their visit. The Edge Hotel is the closest hotel to the training location (5-minute walk to Mailman School of Public Health) and offers discounted rates for workshop participants (*$239/night in June; $189/night in July-August). All reservation requests should go to firstname.lastname@example.org or call their main number 212-543-0005 to inquire about the Columbia rate. You can also check availability and confirm reservations directly on their website www.edgehotelnyc.com, click RESERVE and enter code CUMC in the Promo/Group code option just below the check-in and check-out boxes. *Note: rates are subject to change.
The city offers worldclass activities and places to explore.