Apply to Career MODE
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your application. Only completed applications with recommendation letters received by the deadline will receive full consideration.
Before you Apply to Career MODE
- Confirm your eligibility to participate in the program. Applications received with ineligible criteria will not be reviewed.
- Discuss the program with your immediate supervisor/PI, and department chair if applicable. Because this program is for currently active, full time postdocs and faculty, it is important your PI and Chair are supportive of your involvement.
How to Submit an Application
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your application. Fill out all required fields of the application. The application will also require the following to be uploaded to the portal. (Note that the application is only accessible when application period is open.) You can save your application and complete at a later time, but please note that late submissions of either applications or letters of support will not be accepted. All questions should be directed to Fernando Luque.
- Cover Letter - (1 Page maximum. NIH Guide for details)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) - NIH Guide for writing a CV. (Note: Biosketch is not required).
- Two letters of recommendation. (At least one letter from a current supervisor).
- Career and research statement (No more than 3 pages)
- Introduction: Describe your work and how Career MODE can impact your work (1-2 paragraphs).
- PhD research/ Background: Provide a summary outlining your research and what you've done (2-3 paragraphs )
- Current Research and Role: i)Summarize your current research ; ii)your role and what you aim to complete in this position (2-3 paragraphs)
- Future Directions: i) What you hope to achieve over the next 5+ years; ii) What you hope to achieve over the next 2-3 years; iii) What you’ll tackle from the get-go (1- 2 pages)
- (Link to NIH and Harvard guide to writing a statement for details).
Once your application has been submitted, the two contacts you provided for recommendation letters will be emailed automatically. Recommenders will submit their letters directly to the Career MODE portal, and both you and your recommenders will receive confirmation emails once letters have been submitted and received. Please be sure to follow-up with recommenders to make sure they submit their letters by the deadline.
- When all application materials have been submitted, the selection committee will conduct an initial review.
- Applicants moving to the next round will be asked to submit a brief video introduction. This video will be shared with members of the admissions committee, who will make their final selections.
- The selection committee will notify applicants of final decisions. The selection announcement may take 8-12 weeks after the application deadline.
Note: Our last Application cycle ended on Feb 21st, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.