Identifying Priority Indicators for MHH Monitoring
To support countries in monitoring progress on MHH for adolescent girls in and out of school, the core group members worked together with global MHH and measurement experts and key stakeholders from exemplar countries (Bangladesh, Kenya, and the Philippines, with input from South Africa) to develop a short list of priority MHH indicators. These indicators can be used to monitor MHH across priority domains (Materials, WASH facilities, Knowledge, Discomfort/Disorders, Supportive Social Environment, Menstrual Health Impacts, and Policy) and are intended to enable comparability across countries and over time.
This work was supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Measures and MHH Expert Group
- Country Expert Group
- Global Advisory Group
- In collaboration with the Global Menstrual Collective
- Guidance: Priority List of Indicators for Girls' MHH: Technical Guidance for National Monitoring
- Guidance: Integrating MHH Indicators into Research and Program Monitoring
- Infographic: Short List of Priority Indicators
- Infographic: Summary of Priority Indicators (by domain and level)