Post a Job
Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health manages job and internship postings via Mailman CareerLink, hosted by Symplicity. Our online system will enhance your ability to reach our students with job and internship opportunities and maximize your recruitment efforts by streamlining many of the recruiting options we provide.
Use of our services is free of charge. In order to use Mailman CareerLink as an employer, you must register with the system by following the steps below:
New Employers (Without a Careerlink Account)
Step 1: Access our employer login page
Step 2: Click on “Sign Up" or "Sign Up and Post a Job"
Step 3: Enter your information. Be sure to look for your organization in the "Organization Name" field to avoid creating duplicate records.
Step 4: Fill in all required fields, and click the "Submit" button to complete the account creation process.
Step 5: After we approve your request (via email), you can review resume books and post as many jobs to Mailman CareerLink as you want, free of charge.
Employers (With an Existing Careerlink Account)
Step 1: Click here to access our employer login page and log into your account.
Step 2: Log in using your username (your email address) and password. If you forgot your password, please click "Forgot Password" to reset your password.
Step 3: You can then post a new job, update your employer information and contact information, read announcements from the school, view your posted jobs (under “My Jobs”), edit or close a job posting, close a job listing, view/download applications, view resume books, and register for career events such as our career fairs.
If you have any questions, please email the Office of Career Services.
Resume Books, Campus Recruiting, and Career Fairs
To access resume books of students, please log in to CareerLink. Then click "Resume Books" on the left. You can search by resume keywords by typing into the "Resume Text Search" box. You can also search by academic department by searching under "Major." To create a resume book, click the small box at the top of the search results to select all results.
Then click "Generate Book" under batch options.
To schedule an employer presentation or on-campus or virtual interviews, please contact Jason Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our page regarding recruitment partnerships. To learn about career fairs, click here.
Recruiting Candidates From Other Schools at Columbia
If you are interested in creating a structured practicum for our students, please visit our Agencies page.
If you are recruiting for other candidates from Columbia University, such as nurses, social workers, counselors, dieticians, doctors, physical or occupational therapists, attorneys, MBAs, etc. please visit our directory of other career services at Columbia below:
Employer Contact Directory for Columbia University
Columbia University has decentralized recruiter relationship management and career services. There are multiple, separate job boards, and students cannot access the job boards of schools they are not enrolled in. For example, graduate students from Public Health, Nursing, Social Work, Teachers College, SIPA, Journalism, Law, Business and Professional Students cannot log in to Handshake/LionShare.
For the convenience of our recruiter partners, here is a list of the career services contacts and job boards for schools at Columbia. Another list is also available here.
- Mailman School of Public Health: Degrees: Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Health Administration (MHA), Master of Science, PhD, DrPH; programs in Biostatistics, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Policy & Management, Population & Family Health, Sociomedical Sciences. Website: https://www.mailman.columbia.edu/become-student/career-services/employers Contact: Jason Ross email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing: Degrees: Master of Science in Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice, PhD. Website: http://nursing.columbia.edu/alumni/alumni-job-board Contact: Naveed Ahmad, MBA, Assistant Director of Student Life, Columbia University School of Nursing, email@example.com
- Social Work: Degrees: MSW and Doctor of Social Work. Website: http://socialwork.columbia.edu/recruiters Contact: Tomomi Uetani, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Teachers College: Degrees: Masters and PhD/EdD programs in teaching/education, special education, Applied Behavioral Analysis, counseling psychology, nutrition (registered dieticians), kinesiology, nurse leadership, speech/language pathology, organizational psychology, health education, adult learning & leadership, educational technology, curriculum, etc. (see http://www.tc.columbia.edu/academics/programs-and-areas-of-study/ for full list) Website: https://www.tc.columbia.edu/tcnext/ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-678-3140.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical School--Degrees: MD; MD/PhD, MD/MPH, MD/MBA, MD/OMFS, etc. http://ps.columbia.edu/education/academic-career-planning/planning-medical-careerFelicia Goodman, Director of student services email@example.com or Kristina Montville, M.A., Associate Director, Career Advising & Residency Services, 212-854-3806 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Therapy: Degrees: MS and PhD in Physical Therapy https://www.ps.columbia.edu/education/academic-programs/programs-physical-therapy and post positions: https://www.aftercollege.com/career-networks/columbia-university-in-the-city-of-new-york/physical-therapy-program/jobs/ Contact: Vanessa Corwin email@example.com
- Occupational Therapy: Degrees: MS and PhD in Occupational Therapy: Contacts: Marilyn Harper, firstname.lastname@example.org; Brenda L. Spivey-Nieves email@example.com; or Eileen Lloyd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute of Human Nutrition: Degrees: MS and PhD in Nutrition Science Contact: https://www.ihn.cuimc.columbia.edu/education/ms-human-nutrition/ms-program-faculty
- College of Dental Medicine: Degree: DDS, Contact: Laureen Zubiaurre Bitzer, DMD, MS, email@example.com
- Postdoctoral Affairs: Degrees: Office for PhDs who have research appointments at Columbia University. Website: http://postdocs.columbia.edu/careerdevelopment.html#4 Contact: Ericka A. Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA): Degrees: Master of International Affairs, Master of Public Affairs, MPA in Environmental Science and Practice, MPA in Development Practice, PhD in Sustainable Development. Website: https://sipa.columbia.edu/careers/employers/hire-sipa-students-graduates. Contact: Patricia Macken, Director of Employer Relations, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (212) 854-4654, or email@example.com
- Columbia Journalism School: Degrees: MS in Journalism. Website: https://journalism.columbia.edu/careers Contact: Lauren Mack, firstname.lastname@example.org, Program Manager, Career Development, or call 212-854‐4422 or email email@example.com
- Columbia Law School: Degrees: JD/LLM. Website: https://law-columbia-csm.symplicity.com/employers/ Or http://www.law.columbia.edu/career-services Contact: Nancy Merriman, 212-854-3275, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Columbia Business School: Degrees: MBA, MS. Website: https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/recruiters/ Contact: Nicholas Kalogeropoulos, Senior Associate Director, Employer Relations, Career Management Center, 212-854-1926 firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Gottardo, Executive Director, Employer Relations, Career Management Center, email@example.com.
- School of Professional Studies: Degrees: Master’s degrees in Actuarial Science, Applied Analytics, Bioethics, Communications Practice, Construction Administration, Enterprise Risk Management, Fundraising Management, Information and Knowledge Strategy, Narrative Medicine, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Sports Management, Sports Management/Global Sports Law, Strategic Communications, Sustainability Management, Technology Management. Website: https://careerdesignlab.sps.columbia.edu/resources/hire-our-sps-talent/ Contact: Kelly Ahn, Associate Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org, or CareerDesignLab@columbia.edu
- Computer Science Department: Website: https://www.cs.columbia.edu/career/employer/ Contact: email@example.com or Sara Yllescas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statistics Department: Degrees: undergraduate, MA, PhD. Contact: Ziren Violet Yin, M.A. Assistant Director, Career Development, email@example.com
- School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation: Degrees: Master of Architecture, Masters of Science in Critical, Curatorial, and Conceptual Practices in Architecture, MS Historic Preservation, MS Urban Planning, PhDs. Website: https://www.arch.columbia.edu/career-services Contact: Careers@arch.columbia.edu
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Degrees: Master, PhD, https://gsas.columbia.edu/content/career-development or https://gsas-columbia-csm.symplicity.com/students Contact: Rachel Bernard, Director of Graduate Career Development, Francesca Fanelli, Associate Director of Graduate Career Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science Graduate Career Placement https://career.engineering.columbia.edu/ or https://www.vmock.com/columbiaengineering/login Contact: (646) 832-5941 email@example.com Contact directory https://career.engineering.columbia.edu/our-team
- Biomedical Informatics: https://www.dbmi.columbia.edu/ Contact: Marina Bonanno EdM, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Science Institute: Jessica Rodriguez, Data Science Institute, Industry Engagement and Outreach Officer, email@example.com
- Earth Institute: Contact: Natalie Unwin-Kuruneri firstname.lastname@example.org, website: https://earth-columbia-csm.symplicity.com/employers/?signin_tab=0
- Center for Career Education, serving: Columbia College, Columbia Engineering (undergraduates), School of General Studies. Website: http://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/employers/jobposting Contact: https://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/contact (212) 854-9167 or email@example.com
- Barnard: Degrees: Bachelor of Arts. Website: http://barnard.joinhandshake.com/ or https://barnard.edu/beyond-barnard/employers-partners Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com