1. JS Santelli, ZR Edelstein, S Mathur, Y Wei, W Zhang, MG Orr, J Higgins, F Nalugoda, R Gray, M Wawer, D Serwadda. Behavioral, biological, and demographic risk and protective factors for new HIV infections among youth in Rakai, Uganda. JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2013; 63(3): 393-400.
2. JA Higgins, L Gregor, S Mathur, N Nakyanjo, F Nalugoda, JS Santelli. Use of withdrawal (coitus interruptus) for both pregnancy and HIV prevention among young adults in Rakai, Uganda. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2014; 11(10): 2421-2427. DOI: 10.1111/jsm.12375.
3. J Higgins, S Mathur, N Nakyanjo, E Eckel, R Sekamwa, J Namatovu, L Kelly, F Nalugoda, JS Santelli. Importance of relationship context in HIV transmission: results from a qualitative case-control study in Rakai, Uganda. American Journal of Public Health. 2014; 104(4): 612-620.
4. E Lagone, S Mathur, Nakyanjo, F Nalugoda, JS Santelli. Public discourse on HIV and AIDS: an archival analysis of national newspaper reporting in Uganda, 1996–2011. Sex Education: Sexuality, Society and Learning. 2014; 14(5): 556-567.
5. JS Santelli, ZR Edelstein, Y Wei, S Mathur, X Song, A Schuyler, F Nalugoda, T Lutalo, R Gray, M Wawer, S Serwadda. Trends in HIV acquisition, risk factors, and prevention policies among youth in Uganda, 1999-2011. AIDS. 2015; 29 (2): 211-219. DOI: 10.1097/ QAD.0000000000000533.
6. Z Edelstein, JS Santelli, Y Wei, S Helleringer, S Mathur, W Zhang, T Lutalo, F Nalugoda, M Wawer, R Gray, D Serwadda. Factors associated with incident HIV infections versus prevalent infections among youth in Rakai, Uganda. Journal of Epidemiology and Global Health. 2015; 5(1): 85–91. DOI: 10.1016/j.jegh.2014.09.003.
7. S Mathur, Y Wei, X Zhong, Z Edelstein, X Song, M Rasmussen, F Nalugoda, R Gray, M Wawer, D Serwadda, JS Santelli. Partner characteristics associated with HIV acquisition among youth in Rakai, Uganda. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2015; 69(1): 75-84.
8. JS Santelli, S Mathur, Y Wei, X Song, T Lutalo, F Nalugoda, R Gray, D Serwadda. Rising school enrollment and declining HIV and pregnancy risk among adolescents, Rakai District, Uganda, 1994-2013. Global Social Welfare. 2015: 2(2): 87-103. DOI:10.1007/s40609-015-0029-x.
9. JS Santelli, X Song, IK Holder, S Mathur, Z Edelstein, Y Wei, T Zhong, F Nalugoda, T Lutola, R Gray, M Wawer, D Serwadda. Prevalence of sexual experience and initiation of sexual intercourse among adolescents, Rakai District, Uganda, 1994-2011. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2015. 57(5):496-505.
10. Schuyler AC, Edelstein ZR, Mathur S, Sekasanvu J, Nalugoda F, Gray R, Wawer MJ, Serwadda DM, Santelli JS. Mobility among youth in Rakai, Uganda: Trends, characteristics, and associations with behavioural risk factors for HIV. Global Public Health. 2017 Aug 3;12(8):1033-50. doi.org/10.1080/17441692.2015.1074715
11. Mathur S, Higgins JA, Thummalachetty N, Rasmussen M, Kelley L, Nakyanjo N, Nalugoda F, Santelli JS. Fatherhood, marriage and HIV risk among young men in rural Uganda. Culture, Health & Sexuality. 2016 May 3;18(5):538-52. doi.org/10.1080/13691058.2015.1091508
12. Thummalachetty N, Mathur S, Mullinax M, DeCosta K, Nakyanjo N, Lutalo T, Brahmbhatt H, Santelli JS. Contraceptive knowledge, perceptions, and concerns among men in Uganda. BMC Public Health. 2017;17(1):792. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-017-4815-5
13. Mullinax M, Grilo SA, Song XS, Wagman J, Mathur S, Nalugoda F, Lutalo T, Santelli J. HIV-Risk Behaviors of Men Who Perpetrate Intimate Partner Violence in Rakai, Uganda. AIDS Education and Prevention. 2017 Dec;29(6):527-39. https://doi.org/10.1521/aeap.2017.29.6.527
14. Grilo SA, Song X, Lutalo T, Mullinax M, Mathur S, Santelli J. Facing HIV infection and unintended pregnancy: Rakai, Uganda, 2001–2013. BMC Women's Health. 2018;18(1):46. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12905-018-0535-y
15. Heck CJ, Grilo SA, Song X, Lutalo T, Nakyanjo N, Santelli JS. “It is my business”: A Mixed-Methods Analysis of Covert Contraceptive Use among Women in Rakai, Uganda. Contraception. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2018.02.017
16. Grilo SA, Catallozzi M, Heck CJ, Mathur S, Nakyanjo N, Santelli JS. Couple perspectives on unintended pregnancy in an area with high HIV prevalence: A qualitative analysis in Rakai, Uganda. Global Public Health. 2018:1-12. https://doi.org/10.1080/17441692.2018.1449233
17. T Lutalo, R Gray, M Sanyukta, M Wawer, Guwatudde, J Santelli, Fred Nalugoda, F Makumbi. Desire for female sterilization among women wishing to limit births in rural Rakai, Uganda. Contraception. 2015; 92: 482-487.
18. Mathur S, Romo D, Rasmussen M, Nakyanjo N, Nalugoda F, Santelli JS. Re-focusing HIV prevention messages: a qualitative study in rural Uganda. AIDS research and therapy. 2016 Nov 11;13(1):37.
19. Lutalo T, Makumbi F, Santelli J, Guwatudde D, Brahmbhatt H, Mathur S, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Ssekubugu R, Wawer M, Gray R. Perceived fertility desires of spouses and use of modern contraception among women in Rakai, Uganda. Journal of Pregnancy and Reproduction. 2017 Oct 9: 1(3):1-5.
20. Lutalo T, Gray R, Santelli J, Guwatudde D, Brahmbhatt H, Mathur S, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Makumbi F. Unfulfilled demand for contraception among women with unmet need but with the intention to use contraception in Rakai, Uganda: A longitudinal study. BMC Women’s Health 18(1), 60. doi: 10.1186/s12905-018-0551-y.
21. Song X, Grilo SA, Mathur S, Lutalo T, Ssekubugu R, Nalugoda F, Santelli SJ. The differential impact of HIV/AIDS status on short-term fertility desires among couples in Rakai, Uganda. Plos One. 2019 January 24; https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0210935
22. Brahmbhatt H, Santelli J, Kaagayi J, Lutalo T, Serwadda D, Makumbi F. (2019). Pregnancy Incidence and Fertility Desires Among Couples by HIV Status in Rakai, Uganda. J Acquir Immunde Defic Syndr, Jan 17. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000001951.