Benefits and Services
To participate in all the new benefits and resources that await you as an alum, please make sure your information is up-to-date. It's easy to join and start connecting with Columbia's worldwide network.
- Email Forwarding: Columbia University offers email forwarding, which allows you to maintain your student email address or a free alumni email address ("you"@caa.columbia.edu).
- Library Privileges and Online Resources: Alumni receive reading and borrowing privileges at campus libraries, as well as access to a variety of electronic and online resources, including online newspapers, magazines, and medical journals. Borrowing fees apply.
- Requesting a Transcript: Columbia University alumni can request a transcript in person or by mail.
- Course Auditing: Alumni are welcome to audit courses at the Mailman School by enrolling as non-degree students and paying normal course fees. Alumni are required to submit a brief application packet as part of the enrollment process. Application for readmission must be submitted by the following dates:
- Spring (October): October 15
- Summer (May): May 15
- Fall (July): July 15
For more information, email Lillian Morales or call 212-305-8690.
- Computer Discounts: Columbia Alumni Association, in partnership with GovConnection, Inc., now offers alumni discounted computers and peripherals.
The Office of Career Services provides graduates with a host of resources, including: one-on-one counseling, resume assistance, participation in career education workshops, alumni panels, employer information sessions, and career day events, access to both local and national online public health job search engines, and more.
Columbia Career Connection
This university-wide online network offers all Columbia University graduates the opportunity to connect with over 21,000 alumni via LinkedIn, as well as access job boards and a variety of other career resources. Learn more.
Arts and Recreation
- CAA Arts Access: CAA Arts Access is a program of the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA), Arts Access is a hub — for experiences, for insider access, for discovery. We connect artists, scholars, producers, and audiences through dynamic programs and resources. Membership is free and open to all alumni. Join CAA Arts Access online. Visit alumniarts.columbia.edu to learn more.
- Fitness Facilities: Alumni and their families are eligible for membership at the Dodge Physical Fitness Center and the Bard Athletic Club. Alumni also have access to the Dick Savitt Tennis Center at 218th Street and Broadway. For more information, call 212-854-2546. (Membership fees apply.)
- Columbia University Alumni Clubs: Graduates of the School can participate in over 30 national alumni clubs and 33 international clubs. Mailman School alumni are encouraged to join their local Columbia club and organize public health-specific events through the partnership of this network and the Office of Alumni Affairs.
- Columbia University Club of New York: Located at 15 West 43rd Street, in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the Columbia Club offers membership to all University alumni. The Club features 50 recently renovated overnight rooms, a fully-equipped athletic facility with new squash courts, a business center, a bar and grill, a lounge and a library with over 10,000 volumes. The Club hosts several social activities every month, including networking opportunities, lectures, discussions, and wine tastings. (Membership fees apply.)