- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- BS, 2008 Cornell University
- MA, 2009 Columbia University
- PhD, 2014 Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Environmental Health Perspectives - Editorial Review Board
Low socioeconomic status and poor environmental quality track together, we must consider both to improve population health
- Biostatistical Methods
- Community Health
- Environmental Health
11. Casey JA, Mango M, Mullendore S, Kiang MV, Hernández D, Li BH, Li K, Im TM, Tartof S. Trends from 2008–2018 in electricity-dependent durable medical equipment rentals and sociodemographic disparities. Epidemiology 2021.
7. Riddell CA, Goin DE, Morello-Frosch R, Apte AS, Glymour MM, Torres JM, Casey JA. Hyper-localized measures of air pollution and risk of preterm birth in Oakland and San Jose, California. International Journal of Epidemiology 2021.
20. Casey JA, Fukurai M, Hernández D, Balsari S, Kiang MV. Power outages and community health: a narrative review. Curr Environ Health Rep 2020.
14. Nardone A, Morello-Frosch R, Rudolph KE, Casey JA. The relationship between historical redlining and 2010 greenspace across the United States. Environ Health Perspect 2020.
Casey JA, Gemmill A, Elser H, Karasek D, Catalano R. Sun smoke in Sweden: perinatal implications of the Laki volcanic eruptions, 1783-1784. Epidemiology 2019;30(3):330-333.
Casey JA, Goldman-Mellor S, Catalano R. Association between Oklahoma earthquakes and anxiety-related Google search episodes. Environ Epi 2018;2(e016).
Casey JA, Karasek D, Ogburn EL, Goin DE, Dang K, Braveman PA, Morello-Frosch R. Retirements of coal and oil power plants in California: association with reduced preterm birth among populations nearby. Am J Epidemiol 2018;187(8):1586-1594.
Krieger EM, Casey JA, Shonkoff SBC. A framework for siting and dispatch of emerging energy resources to realize environmental and health benefits: Case study on peaker power plant displacement. Energy Policy 2016;96:302-313.
Casey JA, Schwartz BS, Stewart WF, Adler N. Using electronic health records for population health research: a review of methods and applications. Ann Rev Publ Health 2015;37:61-81.
Casey JA, Curriero FC, Cosgrove SE, Nachman KE, Schwartz BS. High-density livestock operations, crop field application of manure, and risk of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in Pennsylvania. JAMA Intern Med 2013;173(21):1980-90.