Stay involved with Mailman!
Long after graduation, you can stay involved with the school. Whether you are interested in mentoring current students, connecting with like-minded alumni, or helping the School, there is a volunteer role for you!
Volunteer Roles With the School
- Speak at an Event - Periodically, alumni speakers are needed for speaking engagements on specific subject matter or career panels. If you are interested in being a speaker, please email us and let us know a bit about your area of expertise, career and accomplishments.
- Write for E-Mailman - Alumni are welcome and encouraged to contribute to E-Mailman, the alumni newsletter by alumni, for alumni. If you would like to write an article, or become involved with the editorial board, please contact us.
- Host an Event - Do you have a home or office that is well set up for hosting? Would you be willing to welcome Mailman alumni and faculty for a discussion or networking event? Please let us know! We are always looking for new locations for alumni programming. To get more information, please email us and let us know.
- Lead an Interest Group - Many of our alumni are interested in connecting with others who share their specific areas of interest. Mailman has an online platform that can help alumni to connect and organize discussions and networking around specific topics (aging or food policy, for example). If you would like more information on creating a group, please contact us.
Volunteer With Current Students – Columbia Mailman Connect
- When seasoned alumni and passionate students have the opportunity to build relationships, everyone wins. Our students want to hear from past graduates with careers in public health, and many alumni enjoy sharing their knowledge with the next generation of public health professionals.
- Student Networking - Join us for student networking events like student/alumni mixers or speed networking. These fun events allow students to connect with a variety of alumni who share their interests or professional aspirations. To learn more, email us.
- Single-session Mentoring - Alumni can provide career advice and guidance to students with similar interests and career goals. Interested alumni can set up a profile on Columbia Mailman Connect, and schedule appointments at their convenience to advise and coach students. Alumni have complete control of this process, choosing how often they participate, and designating a preferred method of contact (in person, over the phone, via skype, etc.) To learn more, email us.