How to Apply
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate underrepresented minority and/or underserved student at a university in the New York City area.
- Underrepresented minority is defined by this grant as: African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Hispanic (or Latino), Native Hawaiian and/or other Pacific Islander.
- Must be a rising junior. Note: We will consider rising seniors for this year.
- Sophomore (will be a Junior in Fall, 2023)
- Junior (will be a Senior in Fall, 2023)
- Must be able to commit two summers and two academic years to the program.
- If a rising senior, the commitment is one summer and one academic year.
- Must have an interest in pursuing research and interest in further studies in environmental health sciences.
Admission into the PrIMER program is competitive and will be based on academic performance, reference letters, and program fit.
To apply, you will need the following:
- PrIMER Application
- Personal information
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- At least one letter of recommendation must come from a faculty member in your undergraduate program.
- Unofficial transcripts up to the current date
For more information, please contact Nina Kulacki, Program Director.