HPM National Advisory Board
HPM's National Advisory Board (NAB) is composed of leaders from across the healthcare system and includes CEOs and senior executives from hospitals, biotechnology companies, insurance, private equity, and foundations. This accomplished and engaged group helps to guide the trajectory of related study at Columbia and aids in developing a standard agenda for education and research in the field.
2023-2024 National Advisory Board Members
- Richard A. Barasch, Chairman & CEO, RAB Ventures, LLC
- George S. Barrett, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cardinal Health, Inc.
- LaRay Brown, President & CEO One Brooklyn Health System, Inc
- Steven J. Corwin, President & CEO, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Robert S. Galvin, CEO, Equity Healthcare | Operating Partner, Private Equity, New York, The Blackstone Group
- James Harden, SVP Strategic Partnerships, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Holly J. Humphrey, President, Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation
- Karen M. Ignagni, President & CEO, EmblemHealth
- Christopher F. Koller, President, Milbank Memorial Fund
- Mr. Ronald J. Kuerbitz, CEO, Upstream Rehabilitation
- Norman C. Payson, President, NCP, Inc.
- Jonathan Perlin, President of Clinical Services & Chief Medical Officer, Hospital Corporation of America
- Lonny Reisman, Founder & CEO, HealthReveal
- Todd Richter, Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
- Wayne Riley, President, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- John W. Rowe,* Julius B. Richmond Professor of Health Policy and Aging, Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health
- Nidhie Singh, Executive Director and Chief of Staff, Providence
- Gregory Sorensen, Executive Chairman, IMRIS
- Michael Sparer,* Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy & Management, Columbia University
- George E. Thibault, Former President, Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation
- Tim Wentworth, Former CEO, Evernorth
HPM Alumni Advisory Board
The Alumni Advisory Board (AAB) is composed of HPM alumni, representing each of our degree programs (full-time, part-time and executive) and a wide variety of organizations in healthcare. The mission of the AAB is to further the department's vision by contributing to the strategic planning of academic programming, research initiatives and co-curricular activities.
Board members have a special role in helping to determine which programs, events and activities best support HPM's objectives, while also serving the needs of the HPM alumni community. Board members are encouraged to be involved in HPM co-curricular activities including participating in the consulting workshop, hosting students for summer practica and conducting mock interviews.
2022-2023 Alumni Advisory Board Members
- Amina Abedi, Business Ops & Strategy Manager, Tia
- Richard Beaton, Senior Consultant, ECG Management Consultants
- Tatiana Blue Dixon, Health Equity and Product Inclusion, Google
- Alison Boyle Blicharz, Senior Director, Health Product Strategy and Development, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fran Caracappa, Vice President, Finance and Controller, Columbia University Medical Center
- Ellen Coleman, President and CEO, VOZ Advisors
- Gati Dharani, Director, Digital Strategy and Data Innovation, Pfizer
- Arthur A. Gianelli, President & Chief Transformation Officer, Mount Sinai St. Luke's
- Carolyn Halik, Administrative Director, Cardiac Services, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- David Howard, Founder & CEO, TeamBuilder
- Felisa Wei Hsieh, Consultant, Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group
- Priya Joshi, Assistant Secretary of Health, Office of the Governor (New York State)
- Josie Kabambi, Associate Administrator, Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- David Klein, Administrative Director, Non-Invasive Cardiology, NYU Langone Medical Center
- John MacPhee, Executive Director/CEO, The Jed Foundation
- Greg Maddrey, Director and President, The Chartis Group
- Ari Markenson, Partner, Health Care and Corporate Groups, Venable LLP
- Eliza Ng, Chief Medical Officer, CAIPA, Inc.
- Tianne Nguyen, Head of Network & Partnerships, Taro Health
- Randy Notes, Managing Director, Impact Advisors
- Shawn Nowicki, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Healthfirst
- Atef Rafiuddin, Manager, Business Operations at NYC Health + Hospitals
- Sarah Rapoport, Director of Operations, Jackson Health System
- Kathy Regan, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, The Commonwealth Fund
- Jesley Ruff, Senior Vice President and Chief Professional Officer, American Dental Partners, Inc.
- Brittany Soto Palmer, Director, Health Services Strategy & Innovation, CVS Health
For HPM alumni interested in learning about the application process for joining the AAB, contact Becca Schoenfeld.