COVID-19 Update: For summer 2020, SHARP Trainings will no longer take place in person to prioritize the safety and health of our attendees, instructors, and community. We are actively working to transition SHARP trainings to be offered live-stream online for this summer where possible. As soon as details are finalized, we will update this site and send out a training-specific email (subscribe to the email list on the specific training's webpage).
SHARP Trainings take place in both New York, New York and Portland, Oregon. Specific workshop location details can be found on each respective training page.
- New York Location: Trainings take place on the Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) campus, located approximately 20-25 minutes by subway north of Columbia University's main Morningside campus.
- Portland, Oregon Location: Trainings take place at the Portland Center in downtown Portland, Oregon.
New York City Location Details
NYC Lactation/Mother's Room: The Columbia Mailman School of Public Health has a lactation room on the main floor of the building, which offers a clean, secure, and private space to express breast milk. The room is swipe-card protected, and is equipped with chairs, a refrigerator, and a lock on the inside. To access the Lactation Room, please contact the central email (located on the specific workshop page) for the training you are attending 1-2 weeks before your training, so that the SHARP team can assist you.
NYC Campus Map: See our general SHARP Training campus map for location, main subways stops, taxi stands, and the closest hotel.
- Airports: Three major airports are accessible to NYC, with La Guardia (LGA) being the most convenient to the SHARP Training locations. See our Airport Map for general travel times from all three airports to the CUIMC campus via driving and public transportation.
- Subways: Three subway trains are convenient to the CUIMC campus: the 1, A, and C trains. We recommend you book your lodging convenient to one of these train lines if you plan to take public transportation.
NYC Hotels: A list of hotels with Columbia-affiliated discounts can be found on this page. The Edge Hotel is the closest hotel to the CUIMC campus (5-minute walk to Mailman School of Public Health) and offers a discounted rate for workshop participants on non-blackout summer dates. Please call their main line at (212) 543-0005 to inquire about the Columbia rate or book online www.edgehotelnyc.com using promo code CUMC.
NYC Surroundings: The city offers worldclass activities and places to explore. More information can be found here.
Portland LOCATION DETAILS
Portland Lactation/Mother's Room: The OSU Portland Center has a lactation room on the main floor of the building, which offers a clean, secure, and private space to express breast milk. The room is equipped with chairs, a refrigerator, and a lock on the inside. To access the Lactation Room, please contact the central email (located on the specific workshop page) for the training you are attending 1-2 weeks before your training, so that the SHARP team can assist you.
Portland Campus Map: A map is coming soon to outline the training location, main MAX Light Rail, and nearby hotels.
- Airport: Portland (PDX) International Airport is most convenient for SHARP Trainings in Portland, OR. Transportation from the airport to the SHARP Training is ~20 minutes when driving, and ~45minutes when taking the MAX Red Line Light Rail (no transfers).
- Light Rail: Four MAX Light Rails are convenient to the Portland SHARP campus: the Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow lines. We recommend you book your lodging convenient to one of these lines if you plan to take public transportation.
Portland Hotels: Details coming soon!
Portland Surroundings: Details coming soon!